Regenerate Together through Transparency is Kvadrat’s commitment to accelerating positive change and responsible business conduct, while continuing to push the boundaries of high-quality textiles through design and innovation.
Our sustainability vision includes six strategic focus areas.
Each area has concrete targets mapping our sustainability journey.
- We will achieve 50% carbon reduction in scope 1-2 by 2025, reaching 100% by 2030 to become net zero in scope 1-3 by 2040 (baseline 2019)
- We will offer circular services by 2025 which will generate 40% of our revenue by 2035
A product’s circular potential is determined at the design stage. Building on our continued commitment to the longevity of our products, Kvadrat's Conscious Design Principles will guide the design direction for our brands and our production partners, while reducing our dependence on virgin materials and resources.
- We will offer 85 recycled textile products which will generate 30% of our revenue by 2025
- We will reduce production waste and water use by 25% by 2025 (baseline 2021)
- We will ensure that by 2025 none of our packaging contains virgin plastic or cardboard
We will continue to work with partners who are striving for inclusive change. Kvadrat is committed to ensuring all our collaborators are aligned with our commitments, such as the UN Global Compact's Ten Principles on human and labour rights, environment and anti-corruption. Transparency around labour practices, manufacturing processes and the provenance of our raw materials will support our development as a regenerative business.
- We will work towards complete value chain transparency by 2025
- We will screen tier one suppliers to safeguard fair wages and responsible production by 2025
Our success relies on the unique strengths, experiences and interests of our team and we want to ensure that we create an environment where diversity is cherished and can flourish. Our diversity quotas and the elimination of structural biases will promote long-term cultural change and ensure we don't take diversity and equality for granted.
- We will be 50% women led by 2025
- We will offer a minimum of eight weeks paid parental leave for all parents by 2024
We will communicate our impact by publishing quality data. We will work proactively with regulations, aligning our products and practices with the highest international standards and certifications.
- We will increase the EU Ecolabel certification across our textile categories by 2025
- We will implement our new chemical treatment policy by 2023
Sustainability must underpin everything we do. To enable this we will establish knowledge sharing and governance structures that equip our employees, suppliers and customers with the understanding to contribute to the change.
- We will empower four global Kvadrat Change Maker Networks by 2023 to actively promote sustainability within and beyond Kvadrat
Our long-term goal is to reach net zero by 2040. To achieve our target we will work towards eliminating carbon emissions from all our own operations and across our value chain, including purchased goods and services, upstream and downstream transportation and business travel. We will support this with a move towards circular systems that offer take-back and product lifetime extending services on many of our ranges.
* Our decarbonisation strategy follows the Greenhouse Gas Protocol´s emission accounting standards, and the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) target setting system. These methods describe emissions in terms of ‘Scopes’ to define what aspect of company activity produces them. Scope 1 emissions come directly from the company; Scope 2 emissions are those produced on the company’s behalf, such as electricity generation; Scope 3 emissions are those which the company is indirectly responsible for up and down the value chain.