Sales Manager Consumers, Japan
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Kvadrat was established in Denmark in 1968 and has deep roots in Scandinavia’s design tradition.
We hold the leading position in Europe’s high-quality contemporary textiles market.
At Kvadrat, we create high quality textile and textile related products that help architects to shape architectural spaces, designers and furniture manufacturers to produce and craft furniture, and consumers to bring tactility and color into their private homes.
We are now looking for a new Sales Manager to be based in our Tokyo Showroom to support our growing Consumers business in Japan.
- Strengthen and create growth at existing dealers and clients, including furniture shops, textile shops and re-upholsterers, by providing relevant product training, cross-selling fulfilling full supply strategy and brand support, eventually, increase the sales revenue.
- Develop new qualified dealers to strengthen our primary position in retail market in Japan.
- Evaluate dealer’s performance and analyze sales trends.
- Secure visibility in shops for all product groups by implementation of branded spaces
- Development and execution of Consumers events, launches, etc. at selected dealers and in our showroom.
- Meet the sales KPI designed by company.
- Native Japanese speaker. Fluent in English, both oral and writing.
- 5+ years relevant sales and business development experience in high-end interior retail market in Japan, strong network with proven sales track.
- Good understanding of how to run premium & luxury brand in local market.
- Experience as direct sales or working from shop will be preferred.
- Ambitious, sales-driven, hardworking, determined.
- Honest, open-minded and proactive, with a great passion for work and art.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Good team player, but also could work independently.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Be structured to secure implementation and growth.
- Analytical and able to multitask, able to learn and deploy new learning.
- Able to take frequent business travel within Japan.
We are Kvadrat
Our products reflect our commitment to colour, quality, simplicity, innovation and design. Kvadrat fabrics have been used in some of the world’s most intriguing architectural developments, such as the Gherkin, London; Museum of Modern Art, New York; Walt Disney Concert Hall, Los Angeles; Oslo Opera House, Norway; Reichstag, Berlin; Guggenheim Museum, Bilbao; Copenhagen Opera House, Denmark and Guangzhou Opera House, China.
At Kvadrat, we consistently push the aesthetic, technological and functional properties of textiles. In doing so, we collaborate with leading designers, architects and artists, including; David Adjaye, Miriam Bäckström, Tord Boontje, Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec, Thomas Demand, Olafur Eliasson, Alfredo Häberli, Giulio Ridolfo, Peter Saville, Finn Sködt, Roman
Signer, as well as Patricia Urquiola.
We try to set up as few rules as possible. In return, we expect each person to always act in accordance with our basic values, and in doing so, to be quality driven in all decisions and actions, to act according to our mindset of ‘strong teams – one company’, to be passionate about your daily tasks at the job and the design culture that we are an integrated part of, to
stay open-minded towards clients and colleagues, and to be honest in communication and treat others with respect.
Kvadrat is a company with high ambitions both for our people and our growth. We are committed to create a diverse work environment with a strong focus on equality, inclusion, empowerment and respect. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ethnical background, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.
as soon as possible