Sustainability and Climate Manager, Ebeltoft
Kvadrat was established in Denmark in 1968 and has deep roots in Scandinavia’s world-famous design tradition. A leader in design innovation, Kvadrat produces high-performing, design textiles, rugs, acoustics, and shade for both commercial and residential interiors.
Are you passionate about sustainability, project management and data driven climate action? Would you like to impact the future and drive the sustainability agenda in the Kvadrat Group? Then you might be the person we are looking for.
We are looking for a Sustainability and Climate Manager, who will support Kvadrat in leading its climate and environment program. In March 2022 we committed to the Science Based Target initiative, this for us is to achieve 50% carbon reduction in scope 1-2 by 2025, reaching 100% by 2030 to become net zero in scope 1-3 by 2040 (baseline 2019). You will become our Society’s in-house expert in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions including investment cases to drive our net zero plan besides being project manager for our waste and water reduction programs, setting direction for labeling and drive sustainability advocacy via our Kvadrat Change Maker networks and customer communication. You will through excellent engagement skills and together with the team and collaborative colleagues push our sustainability performance targets into actions to lead the way into emerging low-carbon, circular, fair & inclusive economy what we in Kvadrat call “Regenerate Together through Transparency”.
You will be part of the Strategy & Sustainability team with responsibility for our Sustainability strategy and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities in the Kvadrat Group. The Kvadrat Group consist besides the parent company of both production companies and associated brands.
Specifically, you will:
- Drive our net zero sustainability performance target by being the greenhouse gas expert and hereby, develop analytical tools and assessment methodologies for comparing the carbon and environmental impact of different business cases to enable sustainable decision making
- Drive the reporting processes for our SBTi (Science Based Targets initiative) in close collaboration with our Quality & CSR Coordinator
- Drive, implement and hand-over to the functional specialists our strategic sustainability projects like our waste and water reduction programs, global certification and labelling direction together with relevant internal and external stakeholders. Other projects to become
- Support the phase-out of virgin packaging and the introduction of better alternatives and support packaging efficiency
- Work hands-on with data and help in developing global sustainability performance targets
- Be responsible for implementation of new reporting tools and functionalities in collaboration with our IT, D365, Digital and Business Analytics departments
- Drive two of our Kvadrat Change Maker networks with inspiration and in close collaboration with the tow other “Kvadrat Change Maker” leads
- Be bridge-builder between clients, suppliers and Kvadrat in relation to sustainability including raising awareness of Kvadrats sustainability strategy through collaboration and coordination with Kvadrat marketing team within your responsibility areas
As part of the Strategy & Sustainability, Norway team you will join a small, but diverse team with in-house consultancy, business, and sustainability experience. Besides your core team you will have a close collaboration with our Quality team, Product Development team, Supply Chain & Operations teams. In your daily work, you will be reporting to VP Strategy, Sustainability & Norway, Trine Neimann-Platz.
You are familiar with CO2 accounting standards e.g., Greenhouse Gas Protocol and the target setting methodology of Science Based Target initiative. You know how to navigate in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and your well-developed interpersonal skills enable you to form strong working relationships across all levels and disciplines in the organization. Similarly, your strong project management capabilities allow you to prioritize efficiently and thrive in a project-based, collaborative team environment.
Moreover, you have a solid grasp of the following environment and climate concepts:
- Renewable energy procurement
- GHG accounting
- Climate risk assessment
- Sustainable Finance – Sustainability Linked Loans
- Financial business case calculation including NPV and pay-back time
- ESG (environmental, social and governance) data collection and assurance processes
- Experience with CO2 reporting is a plus, and you should have interest in developing your skills within carbon reporting
Your passion for sustainability and corporate social responsibility, analytical and structured approach to problem solving combined with your strong project management skills enable you to lead the sustainability agenda including local implementation of initiatives. You must be able to shift between abstract strategic discussions and operational details to be able to drive a fact-based strategic development of the Kvadrat Group.
You should be a skilled communicator with an open mind-set, as you will be working across many markets and organizational levels. Your winning personality, high drive, and can-do-attitude enables you to challenge status quo and take the Kvadrat Group to its next level. Your success relay on a close team collaboration and strong anchoring of the initiatives in the business.
The right profile possesses academic credentials on master level e.g., Sustainability, International Business, Economics, Engineering. This combined with at least 2 – 3 years’ experience from consultancy or the FMCG/Retail business, where you have been responsible for the sustainability agenda or project manager within strategy and/or business development.
You work comfortable in Power BI, PowerPoints, Excel and Word and speak/write fluently English
The position is in Ebeltoft, but we are working hybrid.
We look forward to reading your application – please remember attach a cover letter and a current CV in English when you apply. Your application should be submitted through the application form below. Interviews will be conducted in June and August.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact VP Strategy, Sustainability & Norway Trine Neimann-Platz at +45 52342749 or Sustainability & Circularity Manager Philine Kriependorf at +45 52765186
We are Kvadrat
Our products reflect our commitment to color, quality, simplicity, innovation, and design. Kvadrat fabrics have been used in some of the world’s most intriguing architectural developments, such as the Gherkin, London; Museum of Modern Art, New York; Walt Disney Concert Hall, Los Angeles; Oslo Opera House, Norway; Reichstag, Berlin; Guggenheim Museum, Bilbao; Copenhagen Opera House, Denmark and Guangzhou Opera House, China.
At Kvadrat, we consistently push the aesthetic, technological and functional properties of textiles. In doing so, we collaborate with leading designers, architects and artists, including; David Adjaye, Miriam Bäckström, Tord Boontje, Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec, Thomas Demand, Olafur Eliasson, Alfredo Häberli, Giulio Ridolfo, Peter Saville, Finn Sködt, Roman
Signer, as well as Patricia Urquiola.
We try to set up as few rules as possible. In return, we expect each person to always act in accordance with our basic values, and in doing so, to be quality driven in all decisions and actions, to act according to our mindset of ‘strong teams – one company’, to be passionate about your daily tasks at the job and the design culture that we are an integrated part of, to stay open-minded towards clients and colleagues, and to be honest in communication and treat others with respect.
28. August 2022